CoffeeCodeBreak – an amazing mentoring platform
After I had started my career in Tech I felt out of place in my new work environment – like a new shoe, that you have to break in. I went online and searched for mentoring, applied and tried out quite a few. This is how I found CoffeeCodeBreak, the only mentoring program I stuck with. I soon became a mentor myself and to this day it is the best platform I know. Every mentor has a short profile and availabe time slots. Mentees easily book a time slot with anyone they choose and are then given a link to a virtual meeting room.
Nobody is ever too experienced to be a mentee: try it yourself and get fresh ideas!
FRIDA Project – Creatives for Tech!
I live and breathe women empowerment. We are treated differently then men for the same behaviours – but we can turn anything into our strenght. I am happy to be rolemodel for FRIDA that aims to make women in digital jobs more visible. I think the Tech industry is a great place for women to work in – and I am all for getting the creative young girls to shape the future of Tech.
- Evelyn Münster, the Chart DoktorPodcast/ online Event – Data+Women Lunch series is a new format, that Heidi and me are trying out. We want to provide a platform for Women* in Data to present their topics, and to invite anyone (it’s not Data MINUS men, everyone is invited) to be informed and entertained during lunchtime. Sign up for our… Read More »Evelyn Münster, the Chart Doktor
- Power Lunch: All about TableauEvent – Tableau for beginners: 60 Minutes Deep Dive with Women In Tech e.V. My audience was curious: I had some freelancers who considered taking on Salesforce Projects in the audience. They were excited to look at Tableau, because it is one of the tools that live within the Salesforce Universe. In one hour I… Read More »Power Lunch: All about Tableau
- From Opera Singer to Tech LeaderGood read – I recently learned about Anna McDougal who had a career in opera before transitioning into Tech. Anna does a great job explaining how to disarm the impostor syndrome. Anna says if you have a learning mindset you can’t get imposter syndrome: only if you want to proove something or prove yourself and… Read More »From Opera Singer to Tech Leader
- Mehr Frauen in IT Berufe – wie kann das gelingen?Podcast – Sthree Realitätscheck Arbeitswelt hat meine Kollegin Heidi Kalbe und mich eingeladen über unsere Erfahrungen und Meinungen zu Frauen in der IT zu sprechen. Hier gehts zu der Podcast Episode in allen gängigen Portalen:
- Data Evangelist Heidi KalbeGood Read – Heidi konnte gut mit Menschen und hatte ein Faible für Sprachen. Mir wurde etwas ähnliches attestiert und bei der Jobsuche fielen Vorschläge wie “Lehrerin”, “Psychologin” oder “Sozialarbeiterin”. Für Heidi bedeutete das aber etwas anderes, nämlich Programmiersprachen. Fähigkeiten wie kreative Problemlösung und andere zu begeistern hat sie nicht in den sozialen Berufen eingesetzt,… Read More »Data Evangelist Heidi Kalbe
- #SpeakUp mit Regina von Women in Tech e.V.Interview –
- Job Spotlight: Data Governance ConsultantGood Read – A job for a peoples person! Are you a good communicator, love working with people and have or are willing to gain a basic understanding of data? In this job role you work in IT or the Tech sector and the only code you need to know is how to talk to… Read More »Job Spotlight: Data Governance Consultant
- Jobs in IT that will surprise youTalk – Dear student-Me, Tech jobs can be creative and communicate. They often center around people, not code. When you decide on your future, consider these jobs in Tech and do not from the start turn a blind eye on an entire industry that has so much to offer of what is important to you.… Read More »Jobs in IT that will surprise you
- Podcast Episode: There’s never a step back (GER)Podcast – “There’s never a step back in life, even though I studied art and work now in Tech. There are just valuable experiences. If I had never studied art, I wouldn’t be qualified to do my current job.” This is a quote from a podcast episode with the Cologne digi-geeks, a student project that… Read More »Podcast Episode: There’s never a step back (GER)
- FRIDA: Mehr Kreative in die Techbranche!Networking – Ein Projekt, um junge Frauen in der digitalen Arbeitswelt sichtbarer zu machen und Vorbilder zu sein: find ich richtig gut. Dabei stehe ich voll dafür, dass wir mehr kreative Menschen in der Tech Branche wollen und damit besonders die Mädchen ansprechen, die gar nicht wissen dass es sowas gibt. Wir sind FRIDA Wir… Read More »FRIDA: Mehr Kreative in die Techbranche!
- CoffeeCodeBreak: Mentoring and networking for women in TechNetworking – It all started when I looked for a mentor in Tech. Two years later I became a mentor myself, with the greatest platform I have found yet. It is easy to use, quick to find a mentor and open to anyone. CoffeeCodeBreak is a mentoring and networking platform for women in tech. Not… Read More »CoffeeCodeBreak: Mentoring and networking for women in Tech
- Data+Women Germany:Remote Event – I have joined Heidi Kabe as a leader of Data+Women Germany. I am excited to bring you many interesting topics and amazing speakers. Remember, it is Data PLUS Women, not Data MINUS men! We are here to give the stage to women and topics that touch them, to create a safe space,… Read More »Data+Women Germany:
- 16.12.22 Data+Women Christmas Special: From Art to Data ArtRemote Event – Happy to share my story how I changed careers from Art to Data Art.